09 Apr 10 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Profiles in One Hour or Less
Improving or updating (or even completing) your social media profile is a great way to make sure your brand’s exposure is accurate and efficient for every view your profile gets.
This article from Hootsuite discusses quick ways you can improve your social media profile in less than one hour!
10 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Profiles in One Hour or Less
Each tip should take only a few minutes. Altogether, about an hour. Schedule it for this week. You can do that, right?
1. Make sure you’re using the right size images
So your brand face will look professional and beautiful—no matter where you show up.
Optimize your profile images on each network. Often, this only takes a quick crop, which you can do in minutes.
How will it look expanded? Or small, when showing up in people’s streams? How will it look on mobile compared to a desktop?
- Facebook profile picture: 170 X 170 pixels
- Facebook cover photo: 828 X 465 pixels
- Twitter profile photo: 400 X 400 pixels
- Twitter header image: 1,500 X 500 pixels
- Instagram profile picture: 110 X 110 pixels
2. Use the same profile image on every network
Your brand logo or image should be consistent across all networks.
The more you appear the same in feeds across social networks, the more likely you’ll get and stay top-of-mind. People will think of you before your competitor when they need your product or service.
3. Make sure your handles are consistent, too
For photos, appearing consistently increases brand recognition.
Same for handles. Also… it makes it easier for others to search and find you.
Want to increases the chances for people mentioning your brand? And, help them find and follow you?
Then make it obvious when they type the ‘@’ sign.
4. Untag yourself from bad photos and inappropriate posts
Tags are great for talking with more fans. If used right.
But if you’re tagging inappropriate photos or posts, you’ll look like an amateur, instead of a pro. You might face legal woes too.
5. Be discoverable in a search
Use the right keywords in your profile to be discovered for your business, industry, or niche.
Find out what people search for most when looking for professionals in your space. Keyword tools like SEMrush and Google Keyword Planner will help identify the right words and terms.
6. Fill in every field
While you’re adding keywords to your profile, make sure all the fields are filled in.
Why? So readers won’t perceive you as unprofessional and lazy.
And don’t write gibberish. Write succinct and clear sentences, explaining…
- What you or your brand does
- What people who follow you can expect to see
- Maybe even a clear call-to-action for what they should do next (but that’s outside this hour of power)
7. Test your links
Hey, while you’re in there updating your links—make sure they work, too.
Typos happen. It takes just a sec or two to test them. Otherwise, you’ll confuse users and look lame. And worse, not get those cross-promotion benefits.
Click here to continue reading this article.