You can grow your brand’s reach on social media by answering these 8 questions provided by Entrepreneur.
Up Your Social Media Game By Answering These 8 Branding Questions
Answering these questions can help create a broader understanding of a business, its marketing and how social media contributes.
1. Why does the business exist?
What does the company behind the product or service stand for, and where is it headed?
This could be a focus on solving a greater problem or spreading a bigger message.
Your business could exist for one or more of the following reasons:
- Supporting a cause
- Supporting or growing a community
- Supporting or impacting the environment
2. How did the business get started?
A brand’s backstory is important. People buy for rational and emotional reasons that can come from an organization’s origin story.
3. How does the business measure success?
All marketing activities including social media must help support business needs such as:
- Average Spend
- Market Share
- Customer satisfaction
To do this, a brand building must start with specific objectives clearly defined. Make sure they are SMART:
- Specific (quantified such as XX percent or $XX)
- Measurable (data you can access)
- Achievable (not too high)
- Relevant (support vision/mission)
- Timely (deadline like X months or X years)
4. What does the business sell?
Don’t take knowledge of the brand’s products and services for granted.
- Start by literally listing every product and service offering, lines and versions.
- But then go further to describe each from the consumer’s perspective. What is the real value to the customer?
- Turn product and service features into consumer benefits.
- Then look for gaps in product lines and offerings from the company, but also its competitors.
This can uncover key messages to emphasize and may uncover key opportunities for growth.
To continue reading this article, click here.