Before you configure Mail
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet (check your connection with a web browser, for example).
- Use Software Update to install the latest available updates.
Mail can automatically get the email account settings for many email service providers
- Open Mail
- Choose Add Account from the File menu. If this is the first time you’ve opened Mail, you will be automatically prompted to add an account.
- Enter your Full Name, email address, and password. See Mac 101: Mail article for more information.
- Usually, your email account can be configured automatically for you.
Tip: You can also use the Mail Setup Assistant to check for your email service providers settings. If the Mail Setup Assistant does not have settings for your email service provider, use the “cheat sheet” of questions below when you contact your email service provider.
This information and more can be found on the Apple Support Page.