23 Sep How Do I Reset My Password on My WordPress Website?
Whether you’ve “lost your password” or more honestly, you can’t seem to remember it, WordPress offers more than one way of resetting your password. This article that the JC Sweet & Co. Team found on WordPress has your answers.
How Do I Reset My Password on My WordPress Website?
In WordPress, there is more than one way to reset your password. Here are two different ways to reset your password. The methods depend on the type of access you still have to your website.
Option 1: Changing Your Password On The Backend
If you’re already logged into your website and you’re actually choosing to change your password for security reasons, this option is for you.
- In the Administration Screen, menu, go to Users > All Users.
- Click on your username in the list to edit it.
- In the Edit User screen, scroll down to the New Password section and click the Generate Password button.
- If you want to change the automatically-generated password, you can overwrite it by typing a new password in the box provided. The strength box will show you how good (strong) your password is.
- Click the Update User button.
Your new password becomes active immediately.
Option 2: Changing Your Password Through Automatic Emailer
This option is for the times you actually cannot remember your password and you’re stuck at the login panel. If you know the username or the email account in your profile, you can use the “lost password” feature of WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress Login page (something like http://yourwebsite.com/wp-login).
- Click on the “Lost your password?” link.
- You will be taken to a page to enter some details. Enter your username or the email address on file for that account.
- Wait happily as your new password is emailed to you.
- Once you get your new password, login to your profile page and change this password to something you can remember.
Click here to view the original article.
If you have any further questions or need assistance, please reach out to us!