We often see profile pictures and cover photos on Facebook that don’t quite fit. Maybe the wording is covered up, or it’s the wrong dimensions and doesn’t all fit into the space provided. It can be hard to guess what will work and what won’t, so here’s a few tips from Facebook to help you choose a cover photo or profile picture that will fit:
What are the dimensions of my Page’s profile picture and cover photo?
Your Page’s profile picture:
- Displays at 160×160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140×140 pixels on smartphones and 50×50 pixels on most feature phones
- Must be at least 180×180 pixels
- Will be cropped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computers
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on smartphones
Your Page’s cover photo:
- Displays at 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computers and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall on smartphones
- Doesn’t display on feature phones
- Must be at least 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall
- Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG file that’s 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes
For profile pictures and cover photos with your logo or text, you may get a better result by using a PNG file.
For more information on Facebook cover photos and profile pictures, click here to visit Facebook’s FAQ.